International Student Flight Training

Squadron 2 is a leader in international flight training. Squadron 2 for Chinese Students:

  • Student fills out the I-20 application and emails the application and financial statements to Squadron 2.
  • Squadron 2 applies for an I-20 on student’s behalf and mails the I-20 to the student.
  • Student applies to the local US Consulate or Embassy for their visa interview. The student can arrange for the interview while the I-20 is in transit, but the visa interview date must be at least ten days after the date the I-20 was applied for to allow adequate time for the I-20 to arrive.
  • At the Student will pay $200 on-line for the I-20. Step by step instructions are provided on the web site. The student will receive an I-901 form.
  • Student then attends the visa interview at the local US Consulate or Embassy, making sure to arrive with all required documentation where the student will receive the passport with visa if the interview is passed.

Application Checklist

Squadron 2 request form

Each student will be responsible for paying the following fees for services required prior to beginning class, please be aware some of these fees change from time to time:

SEVIS fee for I-20: $200
US Embassy/Consular visa fee: $390
US TSA fee: $130 (per license/rating)
Finger printing fee: $100-150
US Federal Aviation Administration medical exam: $160 Approx.

Medical Exam

Prior to starting training each student will be required to obtain a US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airman Medical Certificate. Although a medical certificate can be obtained in the US, it is strongly recommended that each student obtain their First Class US FAA Airman Medical Certificate prior to traveling to the US to ensure that they are medically fit to begin training upon arrival. Designated FAA Medical Examiners that are authorized to issue US FAA Airman Medical Certificates are located in many countries outside of the United States. Locate one in your country at the following link:  If you want to get your First Class Medical Certificate here Squadron 2 will provide the names of several FAA Medical Examiners

Health and Accident Insurance

Prior to beginning flight training each student must provide proof of health and accident insurance that will cover the student during their entire stay in the US. International Student Insurance specializes in providing insurance to students studying abroad. Here is a link to their website: