Congratulations to the following member pilots and their CFIs for their recent accomplishments!
- Gonzalaz, Antonio-ME Commercial -CFI Conrad, Clayton 07/02
- Guclu, Gorkem-First SOLO-CFI Choi, Youngmin 07/04
- Guittap, Markus-First SOLO-CFI Choi, Youngmin 07/04
- Zen, Edward-First Instrument Rating-CFI Etchell Robert 07/08
- Ying, Shangcheng-Commercial SE-CFI Vlastelica, Ron 07/10
- Omar, Ahmed-PPL- CFI Gonzalaz, Antonio 07/12
- Bui, Vincent- First SOLO-CFI Reyes, German 07/15
- Perez, Eduardo-PPL- CFI Raghavan, Vijay 07/19
- Bui, Dominic-First SOLO- CFI ONeal, Ian 07/20
- Aldabashi, Hyle-First SOLO- CFI ONeal, Ian 07/28
Taught by Larry Reed
Class will start Aug 28, 2019. $260 for the class, $30 drop in (less than 9 wks). Continuous running class start at any time.
Give larry a call at 408-691-9154
As most of you know, the County Airport Administration is working on an update to the Airports Business Plan for the County’s two airports. As part of the update effort, they have been hosting public input meetings. These meetings explain the process of updating the Business Plan. They will also listen to the audience’s thoughts and concerns. For more information on the Business Plan, the process for updating it, and questions asked during previous meetings, please visit their website: www.countyairports.org.
The third and final public meeting is scheduled for Thursday, March 1, 2018 starting at 6:30 PM at the Donald Meyer Elementary School, 1824 Daytona Dr., San Jose, CA 95122.
This meeting is the primary meeting for airport neighbors to provide input. We can expect some very different viewpoints from our neighbors. Please listen respectfully and carefully to all inputs.
Congratulations to Isaiah Clapp who went above and beyond and completed two extra long solo cross countries the weekend of November 11 and 12th in pursuit of his Private Pilot Certificate.
Also, Keziah J. Fernandes was very busy this month flying her first solo cross country and passing her Private Pilot written test.
The San Martin Runway will NOT be repaved today. The repaving has been pushed back again to an unknown date.
Checking NOTAMs before you fly to any airport is the very best way to stay on top of runway closures, unreliable weather systems, etc.