EXPIRED RESERVATION/SCHEDULE CANCELLATION FEE
If you allow an aircraft reservation to expire without checkout or cancelling the reservation you will be charged a $20 cancellation fee. You can cancel the schedule up to the start time without any fee and for any reason. But if you allow the schedule to expire you will be charged. You will get an email that states “Expired Schedule/Reservation, No Checkout” when this happens.
The following features are available to help you avoid the cancellation fee:
- If you have a reservation for the next day you will receive a reminder email around 7PM with your reservation(s). The email title will be “Reminders for your Flights at SQUADRON2 on” and the date.
- We are testing a system that will text you roughly one to two hours before your scheduled flight to remind you the schedule is pending. **This will only work for you if you have set up SMS Texting in the schedule system. See below for instructions on how to set this up.**
- You can download and sync your schedules to various popular calendar software and set up any reminders you like there.
10 SCHEDULE LIMIT
To reduce the excessive scheduling everyone is now limited to a maximum of 10 schedules in the system at a time. Most people will not even notice this change. However, if you had more than 10 schedules set you will notice all schedules after the 10th schedule for you have been removed.
Hopefully these system changes will help everyone have more access to our planes and, as a result, be able to fly more and make better progress on their certificates/ratings.
HOW TO SET UP SMS In SQUADRON2’s SCHEDULING SYSTEM
- Go to https://scheduler.squadron2.com/
- Login using your user ID and password
- Click on Contact Update
- Put the SMS E-mail address for your phone in the SMS E-Mail Address field
- Click on Update Information
Check with your cellular service vendor for the email address to use.
The following are some common carriers SMS email addresses:
- AT&T – [your 10 digit number]@txt.att.net
- Sprint – [your 10 digit number]@messaging.sprintpcs.com
- T-Mobile – [your 10 digit number]@tmomail.net
- US Cellular – [your 10 digit number]@email.uscc.net
- Verizon – [your 10 digit number]@vtext.net
Congratulations to the following member pilots and their CFIs for their recent accomplishments!
– Alexander Paulet – 1st Solo!! 7/13 CFI Bhawani Singh
– Abhishek Karpuram – 1st Solo!! 7/14 CFI Alex Cho
– Peter Learmonth – Instrument Written! 7/16 CFI Anissa Mohler
– Julia Bradley – 1st Solol XC! 7/21 CFI Carlo Espinosa
– Abhijith Neelamruju – ATP Written 7/21 CFI Abhi
– Steve Canby – Flight Instructor Airplane Written 7/26 CFI Scott Rohlfing
– Devendra Joshi – 1st Solo XC! 7/30 CFI Abhi
– Riah Lim – Commercial Single Engine Land! CFI Alex
– Luke Beck-Fridell – Commercial Single Engine Land! 8/2 CFI Abhi
– Baba Ross – Private Pilot Written! 8/2 CFI Abhi
– Joydeep Mukherjee – Private Pilot Written! 8/6 CFI Ricky
– Rick Ator – Private Pilot!! 8/6 CFI Anton Sabev
– Joon Song – Commercial Multi Engine Land! 8/7 CFI Abhi
– Orhan Baser – Flight Instructor Airplane!!! 8/14 CFI Clayton Conrad
– Jordi Sim – ASEL Instrument Rating! 8/18 CFI Ron V.
– Kelly Dang – Private Pilot! 8/19 CFI Bhavani
– Kyuyool(sp?) Park – Instrument Rating! 8/22 CFII Joon
– Guangyuan Ye – Private Pilot! 8/23 CFI Joon
– Kim Seyoun – Commercial SEL! 8/29 CFI Joon
– Choi Hanel – Instrument Rating! 8/30 CFII Joon
We received notice today that the county plans on shutting down the runways and taxiways at RHV and E16 on various dates to complete the paving project at both airports. The schedule is as follows:
Monday July 16th – Friday July 20th – RHV
Survey crews and contractors will be operating on runways and taxiways to mark the surface and then do the final coat of paint on all surface markings.
- Monday July 16th – Surveys at RHV, all runways and taxiways will be impacted at various times.
- Tuesday July 17th – Friday July 20th – rolling closures of runways and taxiways using the same order that was used during the original project. Closures will start with Runway 31L, Taxiway Y, Runway 31R, Taxiway Z, Taxilane G and Taxilane F.
Pattern work will not be available at RHV during these dates/times.
Monday July 23rd – Tuesday July 24th – E16
San Martin will be closed to ALL traffic on these two dates.
As always CHECK NOTAMS for specific dates/times/changes in schedule before you fly.
Please join us in congratulating the following Squadron 2 member pilots on their recent accomplishments!
* Kevin Liao – Private Pilot! – 6/13 – CFI David
* Alexander Stockdale – 1st Solo XC – 6/13 – CFI Abhi
* Ranadeb Mitra – 1st Solo!!! – 6/13 – CFI Bhawani Ricky
* Joydeep Mukerjee – 1st Solo!!! – 6/21 – CFI Bhawani Ricky
* Dale Edie – 1st Solo!!! – 6/22 – CFI Zhang
* Ryan Soohoo – Complex Endorsement – 6/26 – CFI Anissa Mohler
* Pranav Apte – Private Pilot! – 6/26 – CFI Abhi, Ricky, Bob
* Kelly Todd – 1st Solo!!! – 7/6 – CFI Carlo Espinosa
* Eduardo Rojas – Long Solo XC! – 7/7 – CFI Carlo Espinosa
* Liz Barham – Private Pilot Written! – 7/6 – CFI Scott Rohlfing
* RJ Trillo – 1st Solo!!! – 7/9 – CFI Carlo Espinosa
* Devindra Joshi – 1st Solo!!! – 7/11 – CFI Abhi
* Alexander Paulet – 1st Solo!!! – 7/13 – CFI Bhawani Singh
Taxiway C between the right and left runways has problems with the underlying surface and will require substantial work to stabilize the soil prior to installing new pavement. In addition, a section of taxiway Z between A (31 runup) and taxilane U also will undergo additional work. While this work is ongoing, expect minor disruptions to aircraft movement around the airport, including intermittent single runway closures and taxiway Z closure between A and U.
Work is currently planned during regular work hours Monday through Friday and is expected to be completed on Monday July 2nd.
Please make sure to check all NOTAM’s prior to flying to ensure you are familiar with any surface closures.
We have a rapidly changing situation with the airport construction and are not getting the clearest information. If you are planning any specific operations, especially at night during the airport construction you will need the best possible information.
9 AM every morning FAA RHV Tower and RHV Airport ops we will be hosting a daily telephone safety briefing. We will discuss any surface closures, and other unusual conditions on the airport in addition to providing an update on the paving project, and answering any questions you might have. You are encouraged to particpate in the call, especially if you will be flying that day. Following is the call in information.
Paricipant Password: 880478
You may use any of these numbers while in the USA.
Please be sure to check in to these Telcons to be up to date on any recent changes.
The County Roads and Airports department is moving forward with the long awaited runway and taxiway repaving project at both San Martin (E16) and Reid-Hillview (RHV) Airports in May. The following is the planned schedule for airport closures and runway and taxiway closures during this time period.
San Martin Airport will be CLOSED to all operations May 3rd – May 10th
RHV Runway 31L and Taxiway Y will be CLOSED May 2nd – May 10th
RHV Airport will be CLOSED to all operations at night May 13th – May 25th
RHV Runway 31R and Taxiway Z will be CLOSED May 13th – May 19th
RHV Rows Foxtrot, Golf and both Runups will be CLOSED May 21st – May 25th
The closure of Foxtrot will directly impact Squadron 2. We will be moving our planes to another location when Foxtrot is closed so you will be able to fly. Stay tuned for details of when and where.
As always CHECK NOTAMS before you fly!
Congratulations to the following Squadron 2 member pilots and their CFIs for their accomplishments in March and April!
– Jeff Ramadan 3/7/18 – Instrument Rating – CFII Clayton Conrad
– Joon Song 3/19/18 – CFI-Instrument – CFI Abhi
– Trevor Meads 3/23/18 – 1st Solo!! – CFI Ron V.
– Jungi Ye 4/4/18 – 1st Solo!! – CFI Andy Feng
– Yash Patel 4/4/18 – Private Pilot! – CFI Abhi
– Ross Baba 4/7/18 – 1st Solo!! – CFI Abhi
– Andrew Duff 4/13/18 – Private Pilot! – CFI Bob Etchell
– Shaktivel Sundaresan – Instrument Rating! – CFII Abhi
– Brenda Alarcon – Commercial Single Engine Land! – CFIs Carlo, Bob, Abhi
– Ri Ah Lin – Instrument Rating! – CFIIs Clayton, Sherry, Abhi
– Steve Canby 4/22/18 – Commercial Single Engine Land! – CFI Scott Rohlfing
Congratulations to the following new pilots, certificates and our new Solo Pilot, John Myung!
– Obalit Betgorgiz – Private Pilot! 2/17/18 – CFI Abhi
– Kezia Fernandes – Private Pilot! 2/20/18 – CFI Abhi
– John Myung – 1st Solo!! 2/21/18 – CFI Coby Sena
– Ales Janhar – Commercial Multi Instrument – 2/24/18 – MEI Bob
– Marcel Trimpl – Commercial Multi Instrument – 2/24/18 – MEI Bob
As most of you know, the County Airport Administration is working on an update to the Airports Business Plan for the County’s two airports. As part of the update effort, they have been hosting public input meetings. These meetings explain the process of updating the Business Plan. They will also listen to the audience’s thoughts and concerns. For more information on the Business Plan, the process for updating it, and questions asked during previous meetings, please visit their website: www.countyairports.org.
The third and final public meeting is scheduled for Thursday, March 1, 2018 starting at 6:30 PM at the Donald Meyer Elementary School, 1824 Daytona Dr., San Jose, CA 95122.
This meeting is the primary meeting for airport neighbors to provide input. We can expect some very different viewpoints from our neighbors. Please listen respectfully and carefully to all inputs.